Unstuck
Isaiah 41:10
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Life can get rough and as you go through the trials of it things can seem like they will never get better. Even worse than that, it often feels as if God is doing nothing to help get you out of your current situation. Often times it is our own fault that we remain stuck seeing no progress in life. For whatever reason, there are a lot of believers in Christ who will not get up and begin to work on the things that God has given them. Even worse we will sit in a place of discomfort and frustration refusing to move and do what God has authorized us to do to change our situation. Instead, we are sitting on purpose and skills waiting for God to work a miracle. We choose to remain stuck in our sorrow. Now, if you are waiting on a miracle in your life that is perfectly fine and trust that I am believing God for my own breakthrough as well. But, you have to begin to move to witness what God really wants to do within you. In the text, it says that God will strengthen and help you. Keywords there would be strengthened and to help. God has already placed what you need to start building and coming out of your current situation inside of you. Once you begin to move THEN He will release His help to push you along. Many of us, myself included, are pleading with God. Asking constantly, God why won’t you help me? God, why does it seem like I am in the same place I was a year ago? Why can’t I get over my place of lack? The answer to all of these questions is simple and clear. There is no need to help something/someone that will not put in work. Have you ever worked alongside someone who just did not want to do anything? You helped them the first couple of times hoping that after the initial help they would get up and start to put in some real effort. After you realize that they are content to struggle and not see the progress you ceased to help that person. Am I correct? So why do we think that God would do any different? Yes, He is a just God and He loves us unconditionally. Yes, He will never give up on us. Yet, He is not a wasteful God. There is no need to strengthen you or to help you if you are not going to put that strength and help to good use. When you begin to move then your help will come.
In addition to this, we must learn to view our situations correctly. We often see trials and ask why is this happening to me. Instead, we need to shift that outlook, begin to ask how is this working for me. If you are struggling in your mind, then your mental battles will strengthen your reliance on God and inversely develop a more perseverant mind. What you are thinking will destroy you is actually sent to establish you. Remember when you asked God to make you a house of prayer? This current storm is here to push you to your knees in prayer. Or remember when you prayed that you would be financially stable? This current season of financial instability is here is teach you the proper way to handle money. The promises of God won’t always come by way of supernatural outpour sometimes we have to GROW and build into things. So let’s begin to move and get to work so that we can fully see God’s plan come to pass.
God, I pray that you would help us to not remain stuck in our current situations. I ask that you would give us the courage to build and begin to do the things that you have spoke to us. I pray that this is the last day we allow ourselves to remain in the self-inflicted prison of Stuck. I also ask that as we begin to move and put in the effort to see things change that you would strengthen and release your help. It’s in your son’s Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Comments
Post a Comment