Finding Your Purpose


Proverbs 16:9
“The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.”

Purpose is what drives you, it’s why you’re here. The reason that a person, place or thing is made. So what does this verse have to do with purpose? Well if you look up to verse 4 it says “The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble” so this lets me know that we all have a purpose. More importantly, though, it lets me know that God is the author of this purpose; not what I like or what I think that I should be doing but simply what God created me to be. Okay, so we see that we have a purpose and that we don’t give ourselves a purpose, but we find that true purpose in God. So how do you go about finding that? Well, that's where our focal verse comes into play. In the first part of the verse, we see that a man plans his ways. This can be good or bad because a heart that is submitted to Christ will plan according to what God will ask and require of a man but a heart that is not submitted will do whatever it wants. The crazy thing is in the second part of the verse where we see that the Lord is the one who establishes the steps of a man. Meaning no matter what you plan ultimately you will always end up doing what God wants. For example, have you ever been in a place where you just really weren’t trying to hear anything from God and just doing your own thing and it seemed no matter how hard you tried to make things happen you just kept finding yourself back in the same place or making no progress? It’s because as long as you decided that you would do what you wanted God would simply put you on a treadmill and let you run until your heart’s content while going nowhere at all. So if you want to begin to find and walk out your purpose go back to the last thing that God spoke to you. Your purpose will be found in your obedience to the established steps that God planned out for you. I’ll say it again….. (ahem) Your purpose will be found in your OBEDIENCE! Walking in what God spoke to you will reveal and manifest the gifts placed inside of you while illuminating the planned path to purpose on your life. Now the enemy would have you to think that you have no purpose and therefore, frustrating the purpose within you. Whatever enemy you are facing will do its best to keep you dormant, barren and fruitless, but as you begin to walk in obedience your purpose be revealed and it will bring forth growth, understanding, and fruit. The whole purpose of us being here is it to be FRUITFUL and to multiply so it is no coincidence that our purpose will draw us into a place of fruitfulness while being outside of purpose will dry you up and leave you barren. So I really want you to begin to intentionally walk into and find your purpose by being obedient to God. If this is you as much as it is me, then we will pray this prayer. 

“Dad, I have not been obedient to your word and it has left me without fruit and in a place of confusion of my purpose in this life. Dad, I ask that you would forgive me of my ignorance of your plan for my life and that you would remind me of the last words you spoke to me. Lastly, Father, I ask that you would give me the strength and the favor to carry out what you have planned for me. I ask for the blood of Jesus to cover me as I begin to walk back to you and that you would show me the path that you desire step by step. In Jesus name, I do pray and ask that this prayer is granted. Amen.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resisting Sin

BREAK-Through

Depression